What comes to your mind when you think of a resort? Straight off my mind, I think of a place to chill, a place of relaxation, rejuvenation, retreat… a place to bond with loved ones… And of course the image of a pool pops into my head too! That of course gives me a sense of refreshing, calmness, cooling… moreover in these ultra hot days here in Sri Lanka.
Are you wondering what I’m rambling on about? hehehe.. Well, it was another vision I saw about a week ago. A resort environment from an elevated angle… The details were a bit blurry. I could make out the cabana huts positioned along the beach on the other side of the pool. However, it was the pool, in it’s bright turquoise blue hue that distinctly stood out and caught my attention. As I saw the vision, I heard the words “Favour out of Fervour”.
Let’s take a look at the word “FERVOUR”… A search on Google gave the following definition and synomyns.. Read through the list:
|synonyms:||passion, ardour, intensity, zeal, vehemence, vehemency, emotion,warmth, sincerity, earnestness, avidness, avidity, eagerness,keenness, enthusiasm, excitement, animation, vigour, energy, fire,fieriness, heat, spirit, zest, appetite, hunger, urgency; More|
- What do you feel fervour for? For what do you have an “intense and passionate feeling”?
Someone newly in love, will be so excited that they can’t stop talking about the one they love. Likewise, if we have achieved something we have desired or longed for or in the process of it, we cannot but share our enthusiasm. In the Bible, we read of Apollos…
- Are we able to speak with great fervour about our Lord Jesus Christ and the way of God or have we lost our first love?
- Do we have great fervour for Him?
Again the word of the Lord of hosts came, saying, 2 “Thus says the Lord of hosts:
‘I am zealous for Zion with great zeal;
With great fervor I am zealous for her.’
“Thus says the Lord: ‘I will return to Zion, And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, The Mountain of the Lord of hosts, The Holy Mountain.’ – – Zechariah 8:1-3 (NKJV)
- Are we able to reciprocate the fervour with which God is zealous for us? Of course, we can’t reciprocate in the same measure but are we willing to have fervour for Him, to find Him, to find “life”?
For those who find me find life and receive favour from the Lord – Proverbs 8:35
- Are you ready to embrace the favour that springs out of fervour? Are you ready to be led to green pastures next to still waters? Are you ready for restoration and relaxation and revival of your life, to be alive for Him? Are you ready to embrace in your spiritual life whatever a resort signifies to you?
Out of fervour for Him, favour will eventually – sooner or later – spring out! Be assured and encouraged my dear brothers and sisters as we persevere in our walk with Him 🙂